Some of you may recall that I moved to Nevada from New Jersey about 10 months ago. Before I moved I had him in my home as a foster companion for about 2 months. So here’s what I can tell you about him from personal experience.
- He loves all dogs and cats but would also be happy as an only child if you'll give him lots of love.
- He likes nothing better than snuggling in your lap. But if you can't do that 24 hours each day he's perfectly happy and secure to hang out in his little house (pictured above) or on the furniture if that's OK with you (Poodles really don't shed and are hypo-allergenic so letting him on the furniture is no problem for me).
- He LOVES to go for walks or wander about my backyard and read the ground newspaper.
- He's a bit of a fragile little guy at that size and should be in a home with adults only or one with older children. He spent a weekend with my 12 year old nephew and they fell madly in love. The poor kid couldn't take a single step without his little shadow following him.
- He's a little bit shy when he first meets you but warms up very quickly and likes to be held and give kisses.
- He's a bit afraid of men so a home with women only would be best. But he will warm up to a man in time. So if you have the patience to give him that time he'll end up loving you back!
- It certainly won't cost much to feed him. He nibbles at kibble during the day. And when I gave him chicken stew one night and beef stew the next he made it very clear he likes meet, rice, and cheese - but not so big on the veggies! Abandoned Angels Rescue told me he also likes hot dogs. I picked some up for him and he does like them. But he has a tiny little appetite and should be given food or snacks several times per day.
- He is completely housebroken and knows to let you know when it's time to go outside.
Contact Abandoned Angels or All Dogs Welcome to inquire about this special little guy.
see the Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Senior,
see more adoptable dogs